Green Beans with Garlic and Tomatoes
Makes 4 half-cup servings
Small amount of olive oil for sautéing
1 small onion, chopped
3 large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 15 ounce can tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or oregano and basil combined
1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in thirds, or 1 15 ounce can green beans, drained
Season with black pepper or hot red pepper flakes
1. In a medium frying pan, heat oil.
2. Cook onion and garlic until soft.
3. Add tomatoes and seasonings.
4. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the green beans.
6. For fresh beans, cook till tender. For canned, heat for 5 minutes at a low heat..
7. Serve with rice or pasta.
Optional: Add 1/4 pound ground lean meat or crumbled tofu with the onions and garlic and cook
until browned. Follow the rest of the directions as above.