• 1 1/2 cups fresh basil (loosely packed)
• 1/3 cup olive oil or other flavorful oil
• 1 cup nuts or seeds of choice (walnuts, cashews, or sunflower seeds are ideal)
• 1/3 cup nutritional yeast (can sub parmesan cheese)
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 cloves garlic (you can opt for roasted garlic for a more savory flavor)
Combine above ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Mix into 1 package of cooked pasta (preferably whole wheat or brown rice pasta). Add roasted veggies, sautéed garbanzo beans, and/or lean meat of choice for variation.