Simple Roasted Vegetables
- 1 large onion, quartered, then halved
- 1 bell pepper, cut into long strips
- 1 zucchini or summer squash, cut into thin disks about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 potato or sweet potato, cut into 1 inch cubes (optional)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
Set onions aside
Drizzle the chopped vegetables in 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil and toss until well coated.
Place all vegetables except onions in foil packets or place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Coat onions in remaining olive oil and add to vegetable mix.
Roast for another 15 minutes.
* If using a grill or over a fire: assemble in foil packets and grill/set in fire pit for 20 minutes, add onions and grill/fire for 10-15 minutes.