Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce
Makes 4 Servings
For the stir fry:
1 tablespoon vegetable or light olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, cut in strips or squares
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup broccoli or cauliflower, cut small
1 medium carrot, sliced thin
For the sauce:
1/3 cup peanut butter
Juice of a lime or half an orange
2 teaspoon soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced or put through a garlic press
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
Water, as needed to thin the sauce
1. Heat a large frying pan or wok.
2. Heat the oil.
3. Add all of the vegetables
4. Stir over medium high heat until almost tender.
5. While the vegetables are cooking, put all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add a little
warm water to thin it out a bit.
6. Add the sauce to the pan, mix well and cook for one more minute at low heat. Remove from heat and
Very good with brown rice or noodles.
Brown 1/2 pound cubed tofu or chicken with the
onions and then add the other vegetables.