· 1, 14oz. Package Extra Firm Tofu (Select version with calcium added-see ingredients)
· 2 Cups Kale
· 2 Cups Mushrooms (Select UV treated mushrooms for higher vitamin D content, or select ones that say, “Good Source of Vitamin D”)
· 1 Cup Bok Choy
· 1 Cup Broccoli
· 1 Small Onion, Sliced
· ¼ Cup Cornstarch
· ¼ Cup Sesame Seeds or Slivered Almonds
· 3 Tsp. Sesame Oil, or other plant oil
· 1 Clove Garlic
· 1 Tbsp. Ginger, optional
1. Drain the tofu and blot it with a paper towel. Place it on a fresh paper towel and allow it to dry for 5 min. You may continue to blot it while it is drying.
2. Cut tofu into 1” cubes.
3. Heat a skillet on medium heat with 1 ½ tsp. oil.
4. Toss the cubed tofu in corn starch.
5. Place tofu evenly on skillet and cook for 4-5 min. Flip cubes every 40-60 seconds until every side has fried.
6. Heat another large skillet on medium heat with remaining oil. Add onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook until onions are soft.
7. Add the remaining vegetables, except for the mushrooms.
8. Stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until kale is wilted and soft.
9. Add in the mushrooms and pan-fried tofu.
10. Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds or almonds.
This dish can be eaten alone or with noodles or rice (choose a whole grain option whenever possible).