We bring food and hope to our neighbors...because there can be enough for everyone.
Neighborhoods embrace food justice.
- We believe in a shared sense of civic responsibility.
- We believe access to food is a basic human right.
- We encourage our neighbors to use food resources wisely.
- We serve our clients with respect.
- We know nutrition matters.
- We uphold the highest standards of integrity.
- We honor the contributions of all staff, volunteers and donors.
We recently completed a strategic planning process for 2015-2018. Read more about it here.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
The Ballard Food Bank will practice non-discrimination in employment and delivery of service. The food bank will not deny service to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of: race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability (any sensory, mental, or physical disability), familial or parental status, marital status, political beliefs, creed, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation (including gender identity), use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, all or part of the individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program and reprisals.