On June 21-23, Noise for the Needy will be coming to local Ballard venues (Conor Byrne, Tractor Tavern, Sunset Pub, and Hattie's Hat) with a rockin' line up of local musicians. All proceeds of the event will go to benefit the Ballard Food Bank. Since 2004, NFTN, a Seattle-based non-profit, has been raising money for charities through live music shows.
Award Winning BFB Video created by Ballard HS Students
In 2011 Ballard High School Students made a 15 second Public Service Announcement video for the Ballard Food Bank. Click here to see the video.
Helping Our Neighbors
More than 1,400 Ballard, Magnolia, and Queen Anne households receive food, hygiene items, or emergency financial help each week from the Ballard Food Bank. We're there to meet our neighbors' basic needs. Use this site to learn more about us, our services, and how you can get involved by donating or volunteering!
Did You Know?
- In 2012 the Ballard Food Bank distributed 1.5 million pounds of food.
- 23% of our food recipients are elderly and 14% are children.
- Our food comes from a variety of sources including local grocery store donations, private donations, and the government.
- The vast majority of the Ballard Food Bank's funding comes from neighborhood donors and local small businesses.
- We also provide our clients with mail box services.