Now that school's out, Within Reach has a great resource for finding out where your child can go to receive free summer meals. Please visit their website for more information.
Welcome Jen Muzia, New Executive Director
Read more about our new Executive Director here, in letters from Jen and from our Board of Directors
Helping Our Neighbors
More than 1,400 Ballard, Magnolia, and Queen Anne households receive food, hygiene items, or emergency financial help each week from the Ballard Food Bank. We're there to meet our neighbors' basic needs. Use this site to learn more about us, our services, and how you can get involved by donating or volunteering!
Award Winning BFB Video
In 2011 Ballard High School Students made a 15 second Public Service Announcement video for the Ballard Food Bank. Click here to see the video.
Did You Know?
- In 2013 the Ballard Food Bank distributed 1.45 million pounds of food.
- 24% of our food recipients are elderly and 15% are children.
- Our food comes from a variety of sources including local grocery store donations, private donations, and the government.
- The vast majority of the Ballard Food Bank's funding comes from neighborhood donors and local small businesses.
- We also provide our clients with mail box services.