For Executive Director job posting, please visit: About Us.
Helping Our Neighbors
More than 1,400 Ballard, Magnolia, and Queen Anne households receive food, hygiene items, or emergency financial help each week from the Ballard Food Bank. We're there to meet our neighbors' basic needs. Use this site to learn more about us, our services, and how you can get involved by donating or volunteering!
If you're a quarterly Thrivent Financial member, you're eligible for Thrivent Choice Dollars, which you can direct to various organizations, including the Ballard Food Bank! We're grateful to the many groups and organizations that provide opportunities for their members, employees, and volunteers to contribute back to the community in this way!
Award Winning BFB Video
In 2011 Ballard High School Students made a 15 second Public Service Announcement video for the Ballard Food Bank. Click here to see the video.
Did You Know?
- In 2013 the Ballard Food Bank distributed 1.45 million pounds of food.
- 24% of our food recipients are elderly and 15% are children.
- Our food comes from a variety of sources including local grocery store donations, private donations, and the government.
- The vast majority of the Ballard Food Bank's funding comes from neighborhood donors and local small businesses.
- We also provide our clients with mail box services.